Laura believes in asking powerful questions, interpreting nuance between what is said and left unsaid, and listening with empathy. With over 20 years of experience in Human Resources, Project Management, and now as a Coach, her vision involves building a kinder, gentler world in which people feel connected internally (by knowing themselves) and externally (through their relationships with others).
When she’s not coaching, Laura facilitates training that empowers people to be their best selves. She has trained leaders at Fortune 500 companies, professional women’s groups, and has led executive masterminds. Popular topics include networking, such as how to craft brilliant elevator pitches, as well as how to build – and sustain – a positive mindset. Laura also conducts workshops on purpose (Ignite your Why!) and vision (Empowered Leadership).
She applies her business background to her current coaching practice, having worked in small, mid-size, and large companies, ranging from national to international in scope, in the following industries: pharmaceutical, hospitality, employee engagement, supply chain, and food manufacturing.
Clients include those in career transition, individuals seeking greater self-empowerment, and leaders looking to be changemakers in their organizations or as entrepreneurs.
- Building a positive mindset
- Cultivating self-awareness – values, motivation, strengths, and limiting beliefs
- Addressing lack of purpose, meaning and/or sense of fulfilment
- Providing strategies to respond effectively to anxiety, overwhelm and/or burnout
- Remedying feelings of disconnection from self and/or others
- Gaining peace of mind so clients are able to
- celebrate successes
- face challenges with self-control
- achieve and sustain peak performance
- Certified Co-Active Professional Coach (CPCC) – Co-Active Training Institute
- Associate Certified Coach (ACC) – International Coaching Federation
- (In Progress) Certified PQ Coach – Positive Intelligence
- Post-Graduate Certificate, Human Resources Management – Humber College
- Project Management Certificate – University of Toronto’s School of Continuing Education
- Bachelor of Arts (Great Distinction), North American Studies – McGill University
- Managing a Multi-Generational Workforce – LinkedIn Learning
- Talent Optimization Leader – Drive Results with Talent – Predictive Index Behavioural Assessment
Laura is a natural coach. Her probing and compassionate questions helped me learn about myself: my value system, interests, goals and strengths.LM
I engaged Laura for coaching as I took on an expanded role leading an asset management company in Canada. As a female, I knew I would be a role model and had high expectations of myself. I was feeling overwhelmed and anxious.
In our first few coaching sessions we worked through exercises that allowed me to reflect on my purpose, leadership style and what mattered most to me. I continue to be grounded by the clarity I achieve in my coaching sessions – allowing me to be resilient and confident when challenges came my way.OS
Laura’s coaching was a breath of fresh air and EXACTLY what I needed at that point of my life. I didn’t realize how impactful coaching was going to be, but by the end of the sessions together, I left feeling refreshed, inspired and genuinely curious about what my future held for me. Because of Laura and her coaching, I believe I became a better person – someone who is more open-minded, someone with a clearer focus, and someone who is willing to explore opportunities and possibilities far more than I ever did before.VB